Happy Aboriginal Day
Happy National Aboriginal Day! Are there any events or opportunities for you to connect with Indigenous people and communities in your area today? Any ways to actively reflect on solidarity and decolonization? Or just to celebrate the contributions of First Nations, Inuit, and Metis peoples make to our shared culture.
Maybe you’re staying in today. If so, here are some of our favourite videos from the Second Fridays series we ran at the Centre for Christian Studies a few years ago, where we invited indigenous and non-indigenous speakers to challenge and inspire us…
- We Care: Missing and Murdered Women with Leah Gazan (March 2015)
- Decolonization Through Dialogue and Creativity with Kelly Bernardin-Dvorak (Feb 2015)
- “And” not “Or”: Christians and Indigenous Peoples with Niigaan Sinclair (Jan 2015)
- Allies and Solidarity with Michael Champagne and Mary Lysecki (Nov 2014)
- All My Relations with Peter Atkinson (Oct 2014)
- The Context of the Land with Melanie Kampen and Stan McKay (Sept 2014)
- Reconciliation with Steve Heinrichs and Stefan Richard (March 2014)
- Community with Sister Mary Coswin and Karen Jolly (Feb 2014)
- Respect with Doug McMurtry and Adrian Jacobs (Jan 2014)
All great videos and thank you for re-sharing!
How come there aren’t any for 2016 or 2017 🙂
Comments are closed.