Please join us on November 1, 2020 in supporting the current and future leadership of the church by celebrating the Centre for Christian Studies.
Why Celebrate CCS Sunday?
Students come to CCS to learn the wisdom and skills for transformation, of themselves and the world, through God’s love and the ministry modelled by Jesus. The church, as lived out in our communities and congregations, needs committed and skilled leaders. We need people who carry the hope of the world. and work with and uplift the leadership of all. Celebrating CCS Sunday supports our student ministers and highlights the valuable work of our schools.
How to Celebrate CCS Sunday
- Put a picture of gathered staff and students on your website.
- Include CCS students in your prayers.
- Show a 5 minute video about the Centre for Christian Studies.
- Share a video story during a minute for mission or as an insert in your bulletin.
- Invite a student or graduate to preach.
- Use worship resources especially written for CCS Sunday.
- Take an offering to support student bursaries at CCS. See tips below.
- Encourage lay leaders and other congregation members to take a course at CCS, either in person or on-line. Great for clergy continuing studies too! Find out more here.
- Tell someone about CCS who you think has a call to ministry!
You can request a “calling card” from CCS to give to someone you think might have a call to ministry.
Stories to Share
Donations and Tax Receipts
Tips for taking offerings and donations in support of CCS student bursaries:
- If you want your donation to go to student bursaries, specifically mention that with your donation.
- The Centre for Christian Studies can receive donations by credit card if the donor wishes to make a donation by calling CCS (204-783-4490) or online through our DONATE NOW button at ccsonline.ca.
- Tax receipts are available to people who make a personal donation to the Centre for Christian Studies by cheque. All donations of $20 or more are eligible for receipts. Make sure that the cheques you send have the following information on them so we can prepare a tax receipt:
- Donor’s name
- Donor’s full mailing address
- Donor’s telephone number and e-mail address
- The amount of the donation
- Tax receipts cannot be processed until the congregation sends the funds to CCS.
- Processing tax receipts takes approximately two weeks after the donation has been received.
- The money raised and donor information (for charitable receipts) should be received within two weeks of the event.
Visit the CCS Sunday Archive for different stories and resources from past years.