Second Fridays is a monthly series of reflection, mini-lectures, and discussion, held at CCS on the second Friday of the month. Special guest speakers are invited to speak on a topic for 5 to 10 minutes, after which the audience is invited to engage in discussion – with the speakers and with each other. Topics have included the theology and politics of accompaniment, our relationship with creation, simplicity, faith and the arts, ecumenism and interfaith connections, racism and diversity.
Check out the list of past Second Fridays presentations, or scroll through them all. They range from the theoretical to the very personal. The thing they have in common is that they’re short – just enough to spark discussion. They’re a bit like the Ted Talks (but with a much smaller audience).
Watching the videos is one thing, but being in the room is something else. Come join us on the second Friday of the month for Second Fridays.
PAST SECOND FRIDAYS PRESENTATIONS
- UCC Delegation to China with Sharon Wilson and Maylanne Maybee (Jan 2016)
- Peace with Bev Ridd and Dianne Cooper (Nov 2015)
- Bending the System As Far As It Can Go with UCC General Council delegates (Sept 2015)
- Solidarity with the Ainu with Rob and Keiko Witmer (May2015)
- We Care: Missing and Murdered Women with Leah Gazan (March 2015)
- Decolonization Through Dialogue and Creativity with Kelly Bernardin-Dvorak (Feb 2015)
- “And” not “Or”: Christians and Indigenous Peoples with Niigaan Sinclair (Jan 2015)
- Allies and Solidarity with Michael Champagne and Mary Lysecki (Nov 2014)
- All My Relations with Peter Atkinson (Oct 2014)
- The Context of the Land with Melanie Kampen and Stan McKay (Sept 2014)
- Reconciliation with Steve Heinrichs and Stefan Richard (March 2014)
- Community with Sister Mary Coswin and Karen Jolly (Feb 2014)
- Respect with Doug McMurtry and Adrian Jacobs (Jan 2014)
- Music and Faith with Charlotte Caron and Barbara Barnett (Dec 2013)
- The Arts and Social Justice with Fennella Temmerman and Bob Haverluck (Nov 2013)
- Hospitality and the Arts with barb janes and Jamie Howison (Oct 2013)
- Humour and Faith with Lesley Harrison and Scott Douglas (Sept 2013)
- Multiculturalism and Interculturalism with Diane Dwarka and Evelyn Broadfoot (March 2013)
- Interfaith Dialogue with Ray Dirks and Manju Lodha (Feb 2013)
- Ecumenical Connections with Michele Barr and Virginia Platt (Jan 2013)
- Theology of Simplicity with Lynda Trono and Jennifer deGroot (Dec 2012)
- Theology of Creation with Shaun Loney, Fjola Hart Waseesikaw, and Paul Gehrs (Nov 2012)
- Theology of Justice and Liberation with Maylanne Maybee, Barbara Lloyd, and Yoon Ok Shin (Oct 2012)
- Accompaniment and Solidarity with Dianne Baker and Louise Simbandumwe (Sept 2012)
My profile needs to be updated, I’m actually 3rd degree midewin, at the Minnweyweygaan lodge here in Roseau,
Thanks for the update, Peter.