The 2014 Annual General Meeting of the Centre for Christian Studies is for all Friends of the Centre.
Who’s a “Friend”? According to the CCS by-laws, a Friend is any student or graduate of CCS (or any of its predecessors), a current staff member, a Companion of the Centre, anyone who’s made a donation to CCS in the last two years, any member of Central Council or a CCS committee, or anyone who asks to be one at the AGM (that is to say, anyone interested enough to take part). If any of these sound like you, then please come be part of the meeting on February 20th at 6pm (CST). If you’re in the Winnipeg area, you can come down to Woodsworth House (60 Maryland). If you’re not – and most of you won’t be – you can take part through conference call.
Contact the CCS office ( firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-783-4490) to let us know you want to take part and to get the conference call phone number and code.
How to Host an AGM Party:
It’s easy! If you know there are other CCS Friends in your area, invite them over to phone in together. Have high tea or an evening snack (depending on the time where you are) and huddle around the speaker phone to pray, learn, and discuss the Centre for Christian Studies – its present and its future.
Winnipeg will be having a potluck supper starting at 5:00 at Woodsworth House (60 Maryland). Friends in Toronto are invited to the Diocesan Centre, 135 Adelaide E. for the meeting (7:00 Toronto time). If you’re hosting a gathering, let me know and I’ll add it to the list.
Not close enough to other CCS folks for a gathering? Phone in and be a party of one!
Things You Will Need for the Meeting:
- The 2013 CCS Annual Report – If you have a computer handy during the meeting you can follow along online. If not, you might want to glance through it beforehand to see if there are pages you want to print or questions you want to raise. The document includes reports from the Principal, the Central Council Co-chairs, the staff, the students, the committees, as well as the nominations slate of volunteers for the next year, a financial summary, and the auditor’s statement.
- The AGM Agenda – It’s included in the annual report, but it’s also printed below. (Tip: If you’re using a computer during the meeting, you might want to have more than one browser window or tab open — one with the annual report, one with the agenda, etc.)
- The By-laws – One of the motions coming to the AGM is the approval of the amended by-laws. Here’s a copy of the revised by-laws so you can follow along, and here’s the by-laws that need denominational approval.
CCS ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
Thursday February 20, 2014 6:00-8:00 p.m. CST
at the Centre for Christian Studies, 60 Maryland St, Winnipeg, MB
and nationwide by conference call
(To register, contact the CCS office at 204-783-4490 or email email@example.com and we will let you know the conference call number and code.)
1.1. Welcome, Attendance
1.2. Worship – Beth Baskin and Dave Robinson
1.3. Acceptance of Friends
1.4. Agenda Review
1.5. Approval of Minutes of AGM Mar. 7, 2013 1.6. Business Arising from Minutes
2.1. Business from Annual Report
Sharing of Highlights
Co-Chairs, Principal, Staff, Students
2.2. Committee Reports Received for Information 2.3. Financial Report – Tim Sale
2.4. Nominations Report – Maureen McCartney
3. Presentation and Discussion of Mission and Values Statements – Patty Evans
4. Presentation and Discussion of the Centre’s Strategic Plan (executive summary) – Maylanne Maybee
5. Amendment to By-Law – Jim Boyles and Terry Reilly
6. New Business
7. Thank you
8. Closing & Adjournment