This section is for students of the Centre for Christian Studies. If you’re not a student but would like to be, why not visit the Admissions page.
The CCS Moodle is where registered students go to:
- find the readings for their courses (to download or read online)
- see announcements and discussions
- view agendas and handouts
- submit their assignments to CCS Program Staff
- update their profile
Just sign in with your student username and password and you’re good to go. If you don’t have a username or you have problems with the Moodle, contact Scott. If you don’t see the section you’re looking for, it may be because you’re not enrolled in the specific learning circle or component yet.
The Student Kit contains information for all Diaconal Ministries students. The “Field” and “Praxis” section of the Student Kit are also useful reading for Mentors, Facilitators, and Local Committee members. There are additional resources for field placement volunteers listed further down on this page.
Note: The Student Kit is in pdf format. You can download a free PDF reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Previous Field Kits: 2017-2018
Need a map to CCS? Looking for an inexpensive place to stay during a learning circle in Winnipeg? Wondering where to get something to eat near Woodsworth House? Visit the Logistics page or download the Local Info Sheet.
What are the behaviour expectations of CCS students? These norms have been established by students and staff over time.
The Learning Guidelines are a list of competencies by CCS students in the diaconal ministries program for self-assessment and peer feedback, and by staff as a tool for evaluating a student’s progress.
Forms that need to be submitted can be found in appropriate sections of the CCS Moodle. (For example, Field Placement Proposal forms, Covenant forms, or Mid-term and Year-end Review forms can be found in the Field Placement moodle. Review of Learning forms can be found in learning circle moodles.)
Other Student Forms
- Police Records Check Form – for E&S chairpeople, Bishops, or Notary Publics to indicate that they have viewed a student’s police record check. (Alternately, students can show records checks to the CCS Principal.)
- Bursary Application Form – can be downloaded from the Awards & Bursaries page.
- United Church of Canada Forms – link to the UCC forms page, where you can find forms like:
- CAN204: Initial Certification to School or Program
- CAN209: Application for Ordination/Commissioning
- and other forms
- GPE Proposal Form – for students wishing to take part in a Global Perspectives Experience, to be submitted to Program Staff
- Diaconal Profile Consent Form – DOC / PDF
Resources for Mentors
Sample outlines and readings for mentoring sessions can be found by the student in the Praxis moodle, or by mentors in the Alumni Reading Circle moodle.
Resources for Field Volunteers
Learning Facilitator Resources:
Local Committee Resources
Resources for Reflection:
- Developing a Case Study
- Journaling and Journal Summaries
- Questions for Theological Reflection
- Critical Incident Report
- Preaching Response Form
- Time Log Samples
- Verbatim Reports
- Wesley Quadrilateral
The “Student-to-Student Handbook” is a resource created by CCS students and updated regularly. It contains helpful advice and useful information about being a student at CCS, including an introduction to the Travel Pool (administered by the CCS student body), Student Forum and community consultations, how to prepare for Learning Circles, where to look for money for tuition, and being part of the diaconal community.
The Centre for Christian Studies seeks to be a community of learning characterized by relationships of mutual respect, free from exploitation, harassment, and abuse. CCS has a Harassment Policy and a Harassment Advisory Working Group to educate and support the CCS community (including CCS students, staff, and volunteers) on issues around harassment. If you have questions or concerns about harassment, please contact the Harassment Advisory Working Group.
- CCS Harassment brochure (pdf)