This section is for students of the Centre for Christian Studies. If you’re not a student but would like to be, why not visit the Admissions page.
Note: Many of the resources linked to from this page are updated on a yearly basis. If you’re downloading a Student Kit, for example, you might want to make sure it’s the correct one for the current year.
The CCS Moodle is where registered students go to:
- find the readings for their courses (to download or read online)
- see announcements and discussions
- view agendas and handouts
- submit their assignments to CCS Program Staff
- update their profile
The Student Kit contains information for all Diaconal Ministries students. The “Field” and “Praxis” section of the Student Kit arealso useful reading for Mentors, Facilitators, and Local Committee members. There are additional resources for field placement volunteers listed further down on this page.
Note: The Student Kit is in pdf format. You can download a free PDF reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Need a map to CCS? Looking for an inexpensive place to stay during a learning circle in Winnipeg? Wondering where to get something to eat near Woodsworth House? Visit the Logistics page or download the Local Info Sheet.
What are the behaviour expectations of CCS students? These norms have been established by students and staff over time.
Many of these forms are provided in Rich Text Format as well as PDF, in case you prefer to type responses directly into them.
Theme Year forms
- Field Placement Proposal form – RTF / PDF
- Field Placement Covenant and Acknowledgement of Harassment form* – RTF / PDF
* Note: This form requires a signature. You can submit the information by email, but it must be followed up by a signed hard copy.
- Field Placement Learning Log: Part A – RTF / PDF
- Field Placement Learning Log: Part B – RTF / PDF
- Interview with Program Staff form – RTF / PDF
- Learning Partnership Preference form – RTF / PDF
- Review of Learnings: Self Assessment form – RTF / PDF
- Review of Learnings: Feedback form – RTF / PDF
- Post Review of Learnings Assignment sample chart – RTF / PDF
- Preaching Response form – RTF / PDF
- Learning Partnership Report form – RTF / PDF
- Mid-Term Field Placement Review – RTF / PDF
- Year-End Field Placement Review – RTF / PDF
- Want all these theme year forms in one spot? Download the Forms Package.
Other Student Forms
- Police Records Check Form – for E&S chairpeople, Bishops, or Notary Publics to indicate that they have viewed a student’s police record check. (Alternately, students can show records checks to the CCS Principal.)
- Bursary Application Form – can be downloaded from the Awards & Bursaries page.
- United Church of Canada Forms – link to the UCC forms page, where you can find forms like:
- CAN204: Initial Certification to School or Program
- CAN209: Application for Ordination/Commissioning
- and other forms
- GPE Proposal Form – for students wishing to take part in a Global Perspectives Experience, to be submitted to Program Staff
- Diaconal Profile Consent Form – DOC / PDF
Additional Online Resources:
Resources for Beginning and Ending of a Field Placement:
Diaconal Mentor Resources:
- Mentoring Sessions – Educational Ministry
- Mentoring Sessions – Pastoral Care
- Mentoring Sessions – Social Ministry
Note: Readings for mentoring sessions are available from students.
Learning Facilitator Resources:
Local Committee Resources
Resources for Reflection:
- Developing a Case Study
- Journaling and Journal Summaries
- Questions for Theological Reflection
- Critical Incident Report
- Preaching Response Form
- Time Log Samples
- Verbatim Reports
- Wesley Quadrilateral
The “Student-to-Student Handbook” is a resource created by CCS students and updated regularly. It contains helpful advice and useful information about being a student at CCS, including an introduction to the Travel Pool (administered by the CCS student body), Student Forum and community consultations, how to prepare for Learning Circles, where to look for money for tuition, and being part of the diaconal community.
The Centre for Christian Studies seeks to be a community of learning characterized by relationships of mutual respect, free from exploitation, harassment, and abuse. CCS has a Harassment Policy and a Harassment Advisory Working Group to educate and support the CCS community (including CCS students, staff, and volunteers) on issues around harassment. If you have questions or concerns about harassment, please contact the Harassment Advisory Working Group.
- CCS Harassment brochure (pdf)