Centre For Christian Studies Is Seeking a Development and Community Relations Officer
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, The Centre for Christian Studies is a Canadian theological school that has been training women and men for ministry since 1892. It specializes in the education of diaconal ministers for the United Church and Anglican Church of Canada. It also provides theological programs for those seeking new skills for their life in faith, and for ministers seeking continuing education.
CCS is seeking a new Development and Community Relations Officer to join their team. The Development and Community Relations Officer is responsible for the development and coordination of fundraising campaigns, grant proposal writing and reporting, nurturing and maintaining donor networks, major donor solicitation and database management, marketing and communications, and assisting with student and volunteer recruitment.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelors Degree (required), Masters (a plus) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in fundraising development.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft; Adobe; database; spreadsheet).
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Experience with the Anglican and/or United Church of Canada would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the diaconal community and network desired.
- Ability to work nationally, through electronic and other means.
- Understanding of the needs and practices of higher education in Canada.
The Centre for Christian Studies prides itself on being an inclusive, transparent, and consultative educational institution that recognizes and fosters life – long learning for its staff members. CCS will also provide a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
If this position interests you, email your Cover Letter and Resume, by September 16, 2012 to email@example.com with Development and Community Relations Officer in the subject line. You may request a job description at the same e-mail address.