Seeking Human Resources Volunteer
The Centre for Christian Studies is looking for a Human Resource Committee Member-Administrative/Minute-taker Volunteer.
The Centre for Christian Studies (CCS) is a Canadian theological school that has been training women and men for ministry since 1892. Its roots are in the deaconess training schools of the Anglican and United Churches of Canada. The Centre for Christian Studies is committed to “living a theology of justice.
CCS is looking for individuals who have a passion for volunteering and a desire to make a difference in our community.
HR Committee volunteers provide Human Resources Support to CCS regarding policy, procedures, recruitment and selection, employee relations and performance management.
As a volunteer with the HR Committee, you will:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Learn about CCS and provide HR Support to the Principal
- Work on policy, procedures
- Advise on HR matters
- Take notes and minutes for CCS HR meetings
- Based in Winnipeg
- Distance participation will be considered
- Experience working in Human Resources
- Sound knowledge of the Anglican and/or United Church
- Familiar with policies/processes of the Anglican and/or United Church
- Able to attend meetings and events
- Able to make a minimum one-year commitment.
Knowledge and Attributes:
- Mature with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, responsible and reliable
- Please include both paid and unpaid (volunteer) experience in your résumé.
Candidates must have an active email account. You will be notified about your application via email throughout the selection process.
Selection processes for volunteer programs are held on an as needed basis. Candidates’ applications will be held on file and reviewed at the next available selection process. Applications for volunteer positions are retained on file for a period of one-year.