We Are All Treaty People!
Come and learn more about:
- the spirit and the intent of the treaties
- the historic and contemporary issues
- implications for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal People
Speaker: Jeff Harris from the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba
Wednesday, December 8 7:00 p.m.
Room 3M71 – Manitoba Hall, 3rd floor, University of Winnipeg
This event was initiated as follow-up to an Mindful Munchin’ event sponsored by the Centre for Christian Studies in October. The Very Reverend Dr. Stan McKay (Elder, and former Moderator of The United Church of Canada) spoke about “Truth and Reconciliation: Where do we go from here?” He shared reflections on next steps in the path toward healing and reconciliation for residential school survivors and for the Church and on what must be done now so that we all can live as “treaty people”.
Organized by a group of people working for „right relationship‟ between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people, including representatives of:
- Centre for Christian Studies
- Faculty of Theology, University of Winnipeg
- Immanuel United Church
- St. Matthew’s Anglican Church
- St. Stephen’s Anglican Church