Every year, the Centre for Christian Studies names one person, or occasionally two people, as Companion of the Centre. Companions of the Centre epitomize diakonia and provide inspiration to all of us on how to live into this ministry. While the people who have been distinguished over the years are fairly diverse, there are 5 traits that they all share:
- the spirit of diakonia infuses their whole lives
- they are passionate about the world around them
- their ministry has touched others profoundly
- they offer in the spirit of love and service
- they inspire us
The CCS Awards Working Group is now inviting nominations for the 2019 Companion of the Centre Award. Nominations are invited for:
- graduates, who through their life and ministry, have brought distinction and honour to CCS;
- members of the CCS community (friends, volunteers, former staff and so on) who have made a significant contribution to the work of CCS, or,
- individuals in the wider community whose whole life and work epitomizes the ideals of CCS.
The honour is awarded at the annual Service of Celebration in April.
Who do you know that epitomizes the ideals of CCS and the life of diakonia? Nominate them today. Nominations are welcome from graduates, students, friends, volunteers and staff. (Download the form: PDF / RTF ). Nominations must be received by September 30, 2018.